Abaco’s Agriculture & Environment Team comprises qualified engineers (including Agronomists) with ample experience in the insurance sector and within the fields of loss adjustment and provision of technical services.
Abaco provides highly qualified, integrated services to Insurers and companies in the fields of Agriculture, Forestry, Hunting and the Environment.
The Agriculture & Environment Team operates in the following areas:
- Adjustment of Material Damage, Liability and Business Interruption claims arising from Fire, Flood, Spillages of Chemical and Organic Pollutants, Explosion, Machinery Breakdown, Theft, Defective Products, etc., in industries including Agrochemical and Agri-food, Hotel, Agricultural Operation, Livestock (animal and fish farming), Forestry, Gardens and Parks and Seed-Growing.
- Loss Adjusters’ reports for legal proceedings.
- Expert and Technical Reports covering the causes and effects of losses to Agriculture, Livestock, Foodstuffs (for human or animal consumption), Forestry and Environment.
- Agriculture Valuations; Appraisal of Ornamental Trees (including the Norma Granada method).
- Environmental Risk Assessments and Analysis. Calculation of Mandatory Financial Securities (Law No. 26/2007, Environmental Responsibility).
- Evaluation of Agricultural and Livestock Risks; Environmental reports regarding disease and pestilence occurring in agricultural crops and forest stands.
- Advice regarding pest control systems and technologies using non-polluting systems.