A cookie is a small text file that is stored by your web browser when visiting certain websites. Cookies enable the website to recognise you when you return to the site at a later date or time. Cookies store technical information, content personalization, personal preferences, usage statistics, links to social networks, access to user accounts, etc. The purpose of a cookie is to adapt the content of a website to the user’s profile and requirements; without cookies the services offered by a site are significantly reduced.
Cookies used on this website
In order to provide the most detailed information possible, and in accordance with Spanish Data Protection Agency guidelines, a list of the cookies used by this website is provided below.
This website uses the following first-party cookies:
- Session cookies ensure that users who write comments in the blog are human and not automated applications, thus combating spam.
This website uses the following third-party cookies:
- Google Analytics: This stores cookies to enable preparation of statistics on the traffic and number of visits to this website. By using this website you consent to the processing of your personal information by Google. Accordingly, any rights you may wish to exercise in this respect must be notified directly to Google.
- Social networking sites: Each social networking site uses its own cookies so that you can click on buttons such as ‘Like’ and ‘Share’.
Below is a list of the main cookies used on this site:
- Cookie name: _utma, _utmb, _utmc, _utmz
- Source: Google Analytics
- Purpose: Enables the unique visitor monitoring function. This cookie is installed by the browser upon a user’s first visit to the website. When a user returns to the website using the same browser, the cookie will recognise them as the same user. Google Analytics will only consider them to be another user if a different browser is used.
- Cookie name: Start with _pk_ref, _pk_cvar, pk_id, _pk_ses
- Source: Piwik (web analytics)
- Purpose: This cookie stores a unique visitor ID to identify a user, with the sole purpose of monitoring the user’s visits to the site. This ID cannot be tracked back to a person or computer, and is not used on an individual personal or computer level. Nonetheless, users can configure their browsers to notify them of the creation of cookie files and, when desired, prevent their installation on their hard disk. However, disabling cookies could affect the functionality of the website. Please refer to your browser’s instructions and documentation for further information.
- Cookie name: cdp-cookies-plugin-wp
- Source: Cookie setting
- Purpose: This cookie stores the user preference regarding whether cookies are enabled or disabled in their browser.
- Cookie name: NID
- Source: Google
- Purpose: This Google cookie enables personalisation of advertisements shown while using Google services such as Google Search, particularly when the user is not logged on to their Google account.
Google may also transfer this information to third parties where required to do so by law, or where such third parties process the information on Google’s behalf.
Google will not associate your IP address with any other data held by Google.
By using this website, you consent to the processing of data about you by Google in the manner and for the purposes set out above.
- Cookie name: PREF
- Source: Google
- Purpose: These cookies allow our websites to remember information that changes the way the site behaves or looks, such as your preferred language or the region you are in. For instance, by remembering your region, a website may be able to provide you with local weather reports or traffic news. These cookies can also assist you in changing text size, font and other parts of web pages that you can personalise.
Loss of the information stored in a preference cookie may make the website experience less functional but should not prevent it from working.
Most Google users will have a preferences cookie called ‘PREF’ in their browsers. A browser sends this cookie with requests to Google’s sites. The PREF cookie may store your preferences and other information, in particular your preferred language (e.g. English), how many search results you wish to have shown per page (e.g. 10 or 20), and whether or not you wish to have Google’s SafeSearch filter turned on.
- Cookie name: _icl_current_language
- Source: Internal
- Purpose: Used to store the user’s language preference.
Disabling or deletion of cookies
You can exercise your right to disable or delete the cookies on this website at any time. This process is carried out in a different way depending on the web browser you are using.
- Web browsers are the tools responsible for storing cookies and it is from there that they must be disabled or deleted. Neither this website nor its legal representatives can guarantee the correct or incorrect handling of cookies by any such web browsers.
- In some cases it may be necessary to install cookies so that the browser can remember its decision to not accept them.